College of Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry
Office: Medical Science Building, P6-20
Phone: (352) 273-7707
Current Research Interests
- B.S. Chemistry, University College London, 1969
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, St. Mary’s Medical School, University of London, 1972
- Post-doctoral fellow, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 1972-75
- D.Sc. University of London, 1993
- James, M.O. and Ambadapadi, S. Interactions of cytosolic sulfotransferases with xenobiotics. Drug Metabolism Reviews, in press.
- Li, W., Gu, Y., James, M.O., Hines, R.N., Simpson, P. Langaee, T. and Stacpoole, P.W. Prenatal and postnatal expression of glutathione transferase zeta 1 in human liver and the roles of haplotype and subject age in determining activity with dichloroacetate. Drug Metabolism and Disposition, 40, 232-239, 2012. PMID 22028317
- James, M.O., Marth, C.J. and Rowland-Faux, L. Slow O-demethylation of methyl triclosan to triclosan, which is rapidly glucuronidated and sulfonated in channel catfish liver and intestine. Aquatic Toxicology 124-125: 72-82, 2012 PMID 22926334
- James, M.O. Steroid catabolism in marine and freshwater fish. J. Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 127:167-175, 2011, doi:10.1016/j.jsbmb.2010.10.003 PMID: 20955793
- Li, W., James, M.O., MacKenzie, S., Liu, C., Calcutt, N.S. and Stacpoole, P.W. Mitochondrion as a novel site of dichloroacetate biotransformation. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Therap. 336: 1-8, 2011 DOI:10.1124/jpet.110.173195 PMID 20884751
- James, MO, Li, W, Summerlot, D, Rowland-Faux, L. and Wood CE “Triclosan is a potent inhibitor of estradiol and estrone sulfonation in sheep placenta”. Environment International, 36: 942-949, 2010 doi:10.1016/j.envint.2009.02.004.