J.M. Patel, M.D., Ph.D.
Phone: (352) 273-8740
Current Research Interests
- Development of a rat model of lung transplantation
- Biology and toxicology of nitric oxide (NO)
- Regulation of lung endothelial cell NO synthase (eNOS)
- Pulmonary system toxicology of drugs and environmental chemicals
- Role of Thioredoxin in Lung Allograft Inju
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Marathwada University, Aurangabad 1973
- M.S. Master of Science in Biochemistry, Marathwada University, Aurangabad 1971
- “Autoinhibitory Doamin Fragment of Endothelial NOS Enhances Pulmonary Artery Vasorelaxation by NO/cGMP Pathway”.Hanbo Hu, M. Xin, L.L. Belayev, J.L. Zhang, E.R. Block, and J.M. Patel. Am. J. Physdiol Lung Cell Mol. Physiol.286: L1066-L1074, 2004.
- “Nitric Oxide-Modulated Marker Gene Expression of Signal Transduction Pathways in Lung Endothelial Cells” Liuzhe Li, J.L. Zhang, E.R. Block, and J.M. Patel. Nitric Oxide. In Press.
- “Nitric Oxide-Induced Persistent Inhibition and Nitrosylation of Active Site Cysteine Residues of Mitochondrial Cytochrome c Oxidase in Lung Endothelial Cells”. J.L. Zhang, Bilian Jin, Liuzhe Li, E.R. Block, and J.M. Patel. Am.J.Physiol Cell Physiol. In Press